Victoria & Albert Barn – Dorset
Sleeping 14 - 16 guests
Only mature and well behaved hen parties are welcome outside of the school or bank holidays. Please note that towels are no longer provided at the property, hence we would ask you to bring your own. This venue does not accept parties of 18-30 years olds but is very happy to accept families. In addition, the property does not accept 'all adult' groups during school holidays or bank holidays.
Looking for a beautiful countryside break in Dorset? Victoria & Albert Barn is the perfect choice for families, hens or any kind of celebration. Nestled in the breath-taking Dorset countryside, this self-catering accommodation has everything you need to make your stay extra special. With a wide range of leisure facilities, Victoria & Albert Barn can provide an exciting yet relaxing must-need retreat from the outside world. Thinking of hosting an event here? This Party House can be tailored to your celebration, so let us know what you’re planning and we’d be happy to help.
If your group is slightly bigger, you may like to additionally rent Beatrice House located next to Victoria & Albert Barn; providing it is also available.
- Private hot tub
- Shared indoor heated pool
- Spacious reception room with a large flat screen TV
- Shared games room
- Event Hall available for rent
Reception Rooms, Dining & Kitchen
Victoria & Albert Barn comes with a large reception area with vaulted ceilings and large windows, with views across the Dorset Gap toward Buckland Newton. With space for all 14 of your guests, this spacious lounge includes a neighbouring bar area, as well as a wall mounted 75" SMART TV. The dining room can sit up to 16 guests comfortably and also hosts a wall mounted TV.
This venue is also perfect for those looking for family and friend getaways to rent; it comes with two well-equipped kitchens where you'll be able to prepare your favourite dishes or invite a caterer to come on-site instead.
- 1 x ensuite king bedroom (2)
- 1 x king bedroom with whirlpool bathroom (2)
- 2 x ensuite double + single bedded rooms (3 in each bedroom)
- 1 x ensuite family bedroom with king bed, 2 single beds & an optional double sofa bed (6)
All bedrooms come with a flat screen TV.
Entertainment (shared with the neighbouring properties):
The pool can be enjoyed on a completely exclusive basis. Guests will be sent a calendar link to book a one hour period per day, and will then have the facility to themselves at this time!
- Indoor heated swimming pool (12.5m x 6m) - all facilities on this estate are shared and and work on a rota basis
- Outside private hot tub
- Play area
- Games room with table football, full-size pool table, Megatouch (quiz machine), books, board games, puzzles, sofa
- Indoor activity suite with badminton, table tennis and garden games
- 3 coarse fishing lakes are all available for use all year round whilst staying at Victoria & Albert Barn (approx. 3 acres)
- Spacious lounge with bar area and wall mounted 75" SMART TV
The Victoria & Albert Estate has 2 large event rooms, making it the perfect venue for a wide range of different events and functions from corporate meetings, large banquets, hen activities, celebrations and more!
Enquire with us now to check the availability and fee of the extra function room should you need it for the stay!
Unfortunately, due to the layout of the venue, Victoria & Albert Barn is not wheelchair accessible. There is, however, a downstairs shower room & WC, as well as sofa beds if required.
For more information on our accessible venues please visit our Accessibility page.
- Swimming Pool
- Fishing - Fly
- Hot Tub
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Gin & Whisky Tasting
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Rock Climbing
This countryside break in Dorset is surrounded by outstanding natural beauty. The lush landscape is filled with footpaths, bridleways and small roads, perfect for an afternoon summer’s walk. The traditional Dorset town, Sturminster Newton is located only 4 miles North of Woodside Barn, a number of fabulous local pubs and eateries are also nearby.
There is something for all groups and for all ages, from visiting The Tank Museum to Go Ape, Sea Life Adventure Park, Monkey World or exploring the coastal town of Weymouth for beaches, wildlife and watersports.
Pubs & Restaurants
- The Ibberton - Walking distance
- The Antelope Pub - Walking distance
- Fellini - Italian Restaurant & Takeaway - 3 miles
- The Halsey Arms - Pulham - 6 miles
- The Fox - 4.2 miles
The closest towns are Yeovil (16.9 miles), Bournemouth (29.1 miles) and Wymouth (25 miles).
Victoria & Albert Barn for 14 - 16 guestsBlandford Forum, Dorset, UK
Closest Train Station :
- Sherborne Station - 11.7 miles
Closest Airport :
- Bristol Airport - 50.3 miles
Nearby Town :
- Yeovil - 16.9 miles
- Bournemouth - 29.1 miles
- Wymouth - 25 miles
Booking fee: £45 (non-refundable)
Booking process: 25% booking deposit & 75% balance due 10 weeks before your stay
Security deposit: £300 (not included in the price & taken by the owner directly)
Check-in and check-out: 4pm - 9.30am (please notify us if you will arrive after 6pm)
October Half Term Holiday- 4 nights from the 24th for £4,000! Such a great deal.
Ivystone House for 14 - 20 guests
- Chipping Sodbury
- South West
- Sleeps: 14 - 20 Bedrooms: 7 Dining: 18
October Half Term Holiday, 24th-28th; 4 nights for a fabulous £3,450.
Burrow Barn sleeps 15 - 17 guests
- South West
- Sleeps: 15 - 17 Bedrooms: 7 Dining: 17
Chinese Elm Retreat for 12 guests
- South West
- Sleeps: 12 Bedrooms: 6 Dining: 32
10% off weekends in March and April!
Beatrice House for 10 guests
- Blandford Forum
- South West
- Sleeps: 10 Bedrooms: 4 Dining: 10
Primrose Retreat for 8-10 guests
- South West
- Sleeps: 8 - 10 Bedrooms: 4 Dining: 10